Day Nursery is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Academy for Early Childhood Program
Accreditation. To obtain the NAEYC mark of quality, programs go through a
rigorous four-step process including an on-site visit from NAEYC assessors who determine if the program meets all 10 NAEYC standards.
10 Standards of High Quality Early Childhood Education
1. Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
2. Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social.
3. Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
4. Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
5. Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from injury and illness.
6. Employ a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment and to support families’ diverse needs and interests.
7. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
8. Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support the achievement of program goals.
9. Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
10. Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences
Community Day Nursery meets all requirements for accreditation by NAEYC.